Welcome to the Navy family, we’re glad you’re here! Whether you are a parent of a plebe or the loved one of a newly accepted incoming midshipman next year, you are now part of a prestigious family valuing honor, courage, and commitment. This journey is steeped in noble history and Naval tradition, and is sure to be filled with endless pride.
As a new member of our Navy family, here are five staple items you should own:
- "Issue" Crewneck Sweatshirt: match your midshipmen with this traditional sweatshirt officially issued to the entire Brigade of Midshipmen. Gender-neutral.
- USNA Parent License Plate Frame: show everyone your love for the Navy Midshipmen everywhere you go and add some style to your ride with this license plate frame. Featuring vibrant graphics, the perfect game day accessory so everyone knows who you cheer for!
- U.S. Naval Academy Mom Tee or Dad Garment Washed Tee: super soft to the touch! Cheer on the Brigade with these staple parent cotton tees.
- USNA Frosty Blanket: perfect for cool nights when cheering on your favorite USNA fall, winter & early spring sports games. Cheering from afar? Support the team with this cozy blanket on the couch. This frosty tipped, high-pile Sherpa material will keep you warm during the colder months. The thick navy trim and woven NAVY patch make for a unique, understated design to show your USNA pride. Added bonus: comes packaged folded and tied with a Navy ribbon and bow. Makes a great gift!
- "I Love My Mid" Car Decal: show off your U.S. Naval Academy parent pride on all your belongings. You can rest assured that your screen printed decals are as tough as they get when you add them to anything from cars to computers to coolers. Even in the harshest of conditions, your decal will stick around thanks to the weather resistant, UV screen ink.
And now that you are all geared up, let's get you caught up to speed on what life is like on the Yard. Here are the five top things to see and do as new Midshipman parent:
- Take an Official USNA Tour: what better way to see the ins and outs of the Academy by taking an official tour guided by our passionate and prideful tour guides. Public tours or group tours are available...enjoy with the entire family!
- Grab Grub at The Alley: hungry after your morning tour of the Yard? We have you covered. Visit the The Alley restaurant for lunch located at the USNA Officers Club. Oh, and while you are there, join the club so you can experience exclusive privileges, like parking on the Yard when you visit.
- Need a Midday 1845 Coffee Pick-me-up?: Stop by our brand new 1845 Coffee located in one of the historical buildings by Gate 3. Explore our exclusive coffee thanks to Ceremony Coffee and savor one of our pastries with your cup o' joe.
- Stop by Halsey Field House, Armel-Leftwich Visitor Center & the Gift Shop: All are conveniently located inside USNA Gate 1 at the Annapolis harbor. Explore the exhibit at Halsey Field House and experience an impressive, high-tech exhibit with interactive screens that captures the mission of the Naval Academy, student life as a midshipman, and career paths as commissioned officers.
- Pick up your Midshipmen Store shopping card: Exclusive to parents or guardians of Midshipmen, enjoy the largest selection of Naval Academy merchandise, including Under Armour, Vineyard Vines and other incredible brands. Note: available for pick up starting 8 August for Parents' Weekend! More info on the Mid Store here.
Looking for guidance on where to stay during your visit to the Yard? We have a list of partner hotels in the Annapolis area offering top-notch accommodations for all visitors!
Now lastly, it's time for you to support the Brigade:
Buy bonafide Navy paraphernalia and pay allegiance to Navyonline, because 100% of your purchase will benefit the Brigade of Midshipmen through the Naval Academy Business Services Division (NABSD) and the Midshipmen Welfare Fund. Support the Brigade of Midshipmen and their development as future leaders and Naval Officers.